External Tuition Bursary for dependents & spouses of MUFA members, effective July 1, 2019
The Joint Administration/Faculty Association Committee Remuneration Agreement of March 13, 2019 included the creation of a fund to be used to reimburse tuition payments for dependents & spouses of MUFA members. MUFA has been working with Human Resources to formalize the administration of this pool. We expect the details to be finalized shortly after July 1, and therefore would like to provide the following information to our members at this time:
- This is a tuition reimbursement program. Payments will be made once a year for the previous academic year. Payments from the fund for the 2019/20 academic year will likely be made in late 2020. Eligible tuition paid on or after July 1, 2019 will be included in the 2019/20 payment.
- Documents such as receipts for tuition payment or the student’s university/college statement of account will be required. The due date for such documents for the 2019/20 academic year will likely be in Fall 2020.
- There will be a maximum cap on the amount of tuition that can be reimbursed to an individual student in an academic year, likely $2000. The amount that will be reimbursed to each student will depend on how many applications are received, and could be less than the maximum cap.
- Eligible tuition payments will likely include: university courses taken for credit leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited Canadian university other than McMaster, and courses in a formal program of study leading to a degree or diploma at an accredited Canadian community college.
- Many of the other eligibility requirements will follow those of the internal McMaster tuition bursary program where relevant.
MUFA and Human Resources apologize for the delay in finalizing the administration of this fund, and will provide full details of the process as soon as possible.